Monday, April 26, 2010

Study Dates a-go-go

A new Coffee Bean opened up about 2 weeks ago in GK 1, M-Block Market (Delhi is organized into 'blocks'. I live in C Block, incase you were wondering). So today, I decided to study in my most favorite study spot ever.

"But since I'm visiting M-Block Market anyway... why not eat some Sev Puri at Prince Paan first?" I thought. Well, the chaat stand is called something else. But the shop right NEXT to it is called Prince Paan. And thus, everyone refers to the chaat place as Prince Paan, too. This chaat has reached fame because they value hygiene and use plastic gloves. (They USE the plastic gloves, but don't exactly change them. Which, in my public health professional opinion, defeats the purpose for the most part. BUT who am I to judge the Indian system? I learned very quickly to accept it and move on so that I can eat the most delicious Chaat in Delhi.)

So anyway, I ate the sev puri. I was in heaven and did a little skippity-do-da dance after paying my 40 Rupees ($1) and heading to coffee bean.

I sat. And started reading some articles. And then the cute little (tubby) Indian waiter came and took my order.

"I'll have a regular, iced coffee, please. And a slice of Philadelphia cheesecake." (mmmm)

"Okay madam. Oh, and you have something on your chin." (HUH? oh crap. This is embarrassing.)

Yah, it was Sev Puri. But, unlike some of the writers of the "Why me" section of Seventeen Magazine, I didnt care.

Because at that exact moment, Coffee Bean was playing Backstreet Boys "It's tearin' up my heart when I'm with you....", followed by Savage Garden "...like a chika-cherry-COLA", followed by Sean Kingston "Way to beautiful girrrrl... suicidal, suicidal...nanana"

Best study date. EVER.
xx

1 comment:

jhiga said...

Poonum, tearin' up my heart is by Nsync not backstreet boys! Get your boybands straight, i'm very protective! :D