Sunday, February 21, 2010

karma police

A couple of days ago, I was sitting in my room listening to the soft annoying purring/flapping of pigeons outside my room (and through the small 'window' in my bathroom, where we apparently house a pigeon brothel. pictures to come.), when I heard a large THWACK in the living room.

So I went outside...

Only to find that a pigeon had smashed into the window. "What a stupid bird!" I thought to myself.

Little did I know...

That a similar sound would be heard today at an oober bourgi restaurant called Choko La, where I would be eating lunch with a friend. Unfortunately, the "stupid bird" was actually Me... smashing into a glass wall that was so clean that I tried to walk through it. I have a bump on my forehead.

Glad to be of some entertainment, God. The other restauranteers and guards and workers thought so too. Sweet Karma: thanks for reminding me that you still exist. Couldn't you just have played a little Justin Timberlake for me?

--
Ooh - speaking of entertainment: Yesterday, Lauren and I went to a meeting of the Kriti Film Club (a pretty awesome ngo that raises awareness for social issues through research/media) and saw a film screening of the documentary "Autism: the Musical". It's so great - definitely recommend it to all. I love films that inspire us to be better human beings :)

xx

No comments: