Monday, February 15, 2010

Food Coma? Never!

I live in an apartment with 2 other girls who also have very serious long-distance relationships. So, in the spirit of the love-holiday, we dedicated valentines day weekend to what girlfriends do best - EATING!

For breakfast, I continued my Gujarati Food marathon and made 'muthiya' - these steamed, spicy vegetable dumplings which I ended up frying up to make crunchy. they turned out extra lemony. mmm


Lauren is a huge fan of cookies, so she ventured out to make heart-shaped butter cookies with pink frosting.

I know you're probably wondering: "
They have pink frosting in India?" Well, my creative little roomie boiled BEETS and use a little smudge of the red water as natural dye in homemade vanilla icing! What a bright little cookie! (ha.)

After an enormous lunch of sweet-and-sour eggplant and fried rice (my treat!), Lauren and I dressed in our finest valentine-inspired costumes, and sat down for some decorating fun.


My favorite cookie? The Valentine Vampire!
It reminded me of a really fun Christmas cookie decorating party from 2 years ago, where we made cookies like this:
And 3D ones like this:

Dinner was yummy too - Thalia's famous bruschetta and roasted eggplant pasta. We scarfed it down while watching Dan in Real Life before heading out to a vday party where we ate homemade almond and crasin biscottis :)

Distance makes our hearts grow fonder.
Fonder of food, I think.

1 comment:

jhiga said...

mmmm it looks so good!