The way Dengue works (this is based on a combination of my Infectious Disease Epidemiology class I once took oh so long ago, wikipedia, and scary blogs that I read online):
- I got bitten by an evil mosquito the week before Diwali
- Few days later, came down with really painful migraines and aches that are localized to behind my eye sockets and muscle joints (Dengue is known as "bone crushing disease".)
- Really high fever for the next 5 days or so
- Rashes all over my hands and feet. reallllly gross and annoying
- Felt FINE for a couple of days (also true - this is when I went to the Fulbright dinner, and Sarojini Nagar and bought cute summer dresses from MNG for like $3)
- vomiting and diarrhea followed for 3 days. This was the 'relapse' phase.
- now, just recovering. Was able to keep all of my food down yesterday, which was a success! on the bad news: my jeans don't fit me anymore. I think the Dengue melted me away. Like the wicked witch of the west...
The pigeons are really starting to drive me nuts, though. they sit on top of the AC box out on the patio and fly around and smash into the walls. i tried to take a picture but they run away everytime I come out here.
I leave you with a picture of me instead. Only to prove that I am officially alive. And that I shower every day and change my clothes. And also that I have been taking my medication. My many many pills...

Living the public health dream
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment